Appointment of Deans
Date: 15th May, 2013
THE COUNCIL of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces the Executive Search for dynamic and business-oriented persons with proven academic abilities to be appointed as DEANS to the following Schools/Faculty of the University:
KNUST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
FACULTY OF LAW
The Dean is the Head of the School/Faculty and shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the School/Faculty and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the School/Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
- Must be of Professorial status or equivalent grade in an analogous institution.
- Must be a distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the School/Faculty.
- Must be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for Two (2) Years, altogether making a maximum of Six (6) Years. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Six-Year Term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
- The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by AUGUST 01, 2013.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the School/Faculty.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2013:
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE